MA English Literature
To provide adequate and sound knowledge in the field of English language and Literature to UG students in order to prepare them for innovative, creative and successful careers in a global society.
To ascertain in the fields like Teaching, Editing, Content Writing, Creative Writing, Journalism, Mass media, and Human Resource Management etc.
To produce qualified graduates of English Literature, intern the graduates to contribute to the growth, unity and integrity of the society.
Writer, Content Writing, Journalism, Blog Editors & Freelancing, Digital Copywriting, Web Content Manager, Teaching, Soft Skill Trainer, English Language Trainer, Travel and Tourism Sectors
Guidance for IELTS &BEC
Film Society – MAGNIFICIO
Upon completion of the programme the students are expected to have acquired.
- An ability to apply knowledge of language, literature and history.
- An ability to use appropriate knowledge to identify and analyse literary techniques.
- An ability to work effectively as a member in the fields like teaching, Mass media, and BPOs.
- Ability to identify and address their own needs in a changing world and apply lifelong learning to maintain their competence and to allow them to contribute to societal growth.
ABA/ B.Sc. with two years of study in Part II English. A candidate who passed the Degree Examination as the main course of study of this University or a graduate in BA/B.Sc. with two years of study in Part II English or an Examination of some other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto shall be eligible for admission to the Master Degree of this University.
2 YEARS (4 SEMESTERS)
- Geoffrey Chaucer & the Elizabethan Age
- Age of Milton & Dryden
- The Neo-Classical Age
- The Romantic Age
- The Victorian Age
- Twentieth Century Literature
- American Literature-I
- American Literature-II
- Literary Criticism & Theory-I
- War Literature
- Research Methodology & IPR
- Feminist Literature
- Literary Criticism & Theory-II
- Environmental Literature
- Nautical Literature
- New Literatures in English
Credits & Evaluation