Department of Information Technology
About the department
The Department of Information Technology offers B.Sc. (Information Technology), B.Sc. (Computer Technology), B.Sc. (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning), and M.Sc. (Information Technology).
These programmes are multi-disciplinary, technological in character and are designed to meet the requirements of newly emerging professional activities. These programmes provide solid technical background and real-time experience on tools to handle the most demanding aspects of Information Systems.
One will learn the underpinning theories of software, hardware and computing techniques – and how to apply them in the real world. Also, one will learn to use technology to create new opportunities and to solve a wide range of problems, benefiting every aspect of society from the home to business, government and beyond. Our teaching is informed by our alumni’s testimonials, and we also reflect what’s happening now in industry. These programmes have wide-range of job opportunities.
Methodology of Teaching / Teaching Process
The programmes offered by the Department provide solid technical background and real time experience on tools to handle the most demanding aspects of information systems. Excellent infrastructure Facilities available in the department and the quality IT education offered have been well appreciated by researchers and academicians.
- Periodic Industrial Visits expose students to real-world situations to learn how the IT world is revolving around.
- Seminars & Workshops bring outside world affairs to the classroom to keep things abreast of.
- Hands on Placement Training attracts Multiple job offers to a student.
- It is the only department offering Application Development for Mobile Platform in the campus.
- Experiential Training on “Computer Assembling” gives students confidence to repair their machines on their own.
- All teachers are highly experienced and are Doctorates (Ph.D).
- Teachers are cordial and supportive of students’ welfare.
- The Mentor-Mentee system resolves students’ issues on emotional, physical, economical and psychological planes.
DR N RAJNIKANTH
MSc, M.Phil.(CS), MBA,
M.Phil. (MGMT), Ph.D.(MGMT), Ph.D (CS)
Head & Associate Professor
Ms. M Rose Margaret
MCA, M.Phil. (Ph.D.,)
Dr S Uma
MSc, M.Phil. PGDCA, Ph.D.,
Dr S Ranjitha
MCA, M.Phil. MBA, Ph.D.,
Dr C S Saradha
MCA, MBA, Ph.D.,
Dr A Nithya Rani
MCA, M.Phil., MBA, Ph.D.,
Mr C R Ronish
Ms S Janani
MSc, MBA, M.Phil.
Ms. S. Dhivya
M.Sc., M.Phil., (Ph.D)