Department of Catering
About the Department
The department was established in the year 1995.It offers a 3 year B.Sc. programme in Catering Science and Hotel Management .
The curriculum is designed to meet the industry requirements vis-à-vis the skill and knowledge components. Value addition/ Value Added programmes is given in the form of Soft skill programme, First aid And HACCP certification, Event Organization(Food Courts, Carnival,Theme lunches,etc- Menu planning, Marketing and sales), Demonstrations and workshops, National and international industrial visit. Students undergo 100 days of Industrial Exposure Training / Internship in various star hotels/ resorts to facilitate their smooth transition, from student to employees.
The Department is equipped with four Training Laboratories to impart practical training in all the four core areas of the Hotel operation Viz. Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front office operation and Housekeeping. The computer labs of the Computer science department impart basic MS Office Software skills to the students. Communication training is also provided through English language labs as part of Communicative English.
- Department have well equipped laboratories for production, food and beverage service, front office and hose keeping.
- Uniforms for all practical classes to develop the grooming standards of the students.
- Experienced faculties with good Academic And Industrial knowledge .
- Offered Free international trip to Qatar for Extending Hospitality Services For students with stipend in the year 2021(FIFA Asia Cup Qualifiers) And 2022(FIFA World Cup ,Qatar)
- National and international IV.
- The Department Facilitates Abroad placements , One Year Paid Internship (Maldives , Other European And UAE Countries ) And Career Guidance For Abroad Studies
- Well connected with various star hotels for guaranteed placements.
- Active members of the SKAL international the forum connecting all the star hotel General managers.
- Outbound programs conducting by various Classified star hotels.
- Offering part time jobs For the needful Students in hotels/Bakeries/Pub And Resto bar do develop their skills And knowledge.
- To develop in student sense of entrepreneurship , the department Organises and conducts Food Carnivals and Food Court during their academics.
- Soft skill and Personality Development classes are organized to mould the students for their better prospective.
THE DEPARTMENT OF CATERING SCIENCE AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT CONDUCTS VARIOUS PROGRAMMES FOR THE STUDENTS SUCH AS:
- LOCAL INDUSTRIAL/HOTEL VISIT
- WORKSHOPS AND DEMOS- TANDOOR, FLOWER ARRANGEMENT, TOWEL ARTS, BAR TENDING, ETC
- THEME BASED CUISINE MELA CUM SALE- BIRIYANIS, SWEETS(INDIAN), THEME LUNCH & DINNER, ETC
- HOSTING VIP HOSPITALITY SERVICES
B.Sc.,M.Sc Hotel Management
B.Sc.,CS & HM
MR ASHOK MENON
B.Sc.,MBA(Tourism & Hotel Management)
THE DEPARTMENT OF CATERING SCIENCE AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT AS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY PLACING STUDENTS ACROSS VARIOUS HOTELS, SERVICE AND RETAIL SECTORS, CRUISE AND OTHER TRANSPORT CATERING.
THE DEPARTMENT OF CATERING SCIENCE AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT IS ALSO AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL SKAL CLUB/COIMBATORE THAT CONNECTS OUR DEPARTMENT WITH ALL THE GENERAL MANAGERS OF LEADING HOTELS/RESORTS IN IMPARTING TRANING, EXHIBITIONS, LIVE DEMOS AND WORKSHOPES AND INDUSTRIAL EXPOS.
SKAL Club Coimbatore, a member of SKAL International – an affiliated member of UN World Tourism Organization, launched The Young Skal Coimbatore Club recently with 42 members from Hotel Management, Tourism & Travel Management pursuing students and Junior Executive level employees from Hotel Industry.