BSc Catering Science & Hotel Management
The department was established in the year 1995.It offers a 3 year B.Sc. programme in Hotel Management and Catering Science.
The curriculum is designed to meet the industry requirements vis-à-vis the skill and knowledge components. Value addition is given in the form of Soft skill programme, First aid certification, event organization, Menu planning, Marketing and sales, demos and workshops, National and international industrial visit. Students undergo 100 days of Industrial Exposure Training in various star hotels/ resorts to facilitate their smooth transition, from students to employees.
The Department is equipped with four Training Laboratories to impart practical training in all the four core areas of the Hotel operation Viz. Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front office operation and Housekeeping. The computer labs of the Computer science department impart basic MS Office Software skills to the students. Communication training is provided through English language labs as part of Communicative English.
- Government Jobs:Airways , Railways, Government sectors and armed forces.
- Star hotels –oberoigroups of hotels, taj group of hotels, radission ,
- Hilton, mariot, le- merdian , ITC group of hotels,Hayaat, ritscalton, crown plaza, Park groups of hotels, planet Hollywood, residency,
- Cruise – Aida, cruise carnival, Costa, Thomson, Royal carribean, msc.
- Event managers — formal and informal functions, banquet parties,
- Food safety officers in hotels and various food processing industry.
- R&D chef—recipe research and developers in various food processing unit.
- Entrepreneur— own business in food industry, online chefs , conducting Cookery classes and event management.
- Facility manager in MNC’s — taking care of all hospitality needs at various MNC’S.
BSc Catering Science & Hotel Management – Eligibility: Candidate for admission to the first year of the UG degree course shall be required to have passed the higher secondary examination (Academic or Vocational) conducted by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu or other examinations accepted as equivalent there to by the Syndicate, subject to such other conditions as may be prescribed therefor. As per Bharathair University norms.
Credits & Evaluation