The Alumni Association of CMS COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND COMMERCE was established in 2000 with an aim to promote interaction and networking among the Alumni of the institution.
Vision & Mission
Our Association serves as a stage to bridge the gap of students through value driven interaction and ensures for the upliftment of global community.
- Connecting and exchanging of ideas for updating and maintaining a standardized curriculum.
- To promote goodwill by networking with ambassadors.
- To instill philanthropic mindset and spread fragrance of the Institution by conducting multi-dimensional programmes.
Objectives of the Association
- To build a strong Alumni Network amongst the Alumni Community and maintain an Alumni Database.
- To create common interest groups and provide platform for the interaction amongst the Alumni of the college.
- To inform the Alumni about the ongoing and future activities.
- To organize reunions with the help of the Alumni Association.
- To organize meetings and discussions for the improvement of education, research and entrepreneurship and present students can get useful career guidance from the Alumni.
- To undertake any other activities that may assist the college fulfilling its objectives.
Structure and Management of the Association
The association is governed by an Executive Committee that consists of a President, Vice-presidents, Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer and other members. The governing Body, which is responsible for implementing and accomplishing the objectives of the association, conducts election for every two years to elect it’s office bearers.
Rules and Regulations of the Association
- The Association shall be named as “ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF CMS COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND COMMERCE, COIMBATORE”.
- The head office of the association shall be at CMS COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND COMMERCE, CHINNAVEDAMPATTI, COIMBATORE-49.
- The business hour of the association shall correspond to the working hours of the college.
- Membership of the association shall be open to students who have pursued their under Graduate or Post Graduate, M.Phil or Ph.D and received /awarded degree as a regular student of the college.
- The jurisdiction of the association shall be throughout the world.
- The Association shall have powers to enroll members, constitute committees, sub-committees and call for periodical meetings to achieve the objectives.
Benefits of the Association
C M S CSC Alumni Association benefits the alumni, the institution, and the students who currently pursue their studies in the college in many ways
- The Alumni Association helps the Alumni connect with their batch mate and to plan event namely reunions and other social events.
- It helps the Alumni to get updates from their college.
- It enables them to communicate with the faculty of their institution.
- It facilitates them to find their college mate across the world.
- It also provides opportunities for professional growth and social interaction.
The Alumni Association also benefits the CMS CSC in followings ways:
- It creates Brand Recognition for the institution.
- Placements are organized with the help of the Alumni which helps the present’s students.
- Sharing photos and videos keeps the Alumni remember their Alma Mater with nostalgic fervor and
- The Alumni Association helps the college to generate additional income with the help of which
the institution can helps the needy students.
- The Alumni shall also serve as the ambassador of the college and shall enhance the goodwill of
- Career guidance is given to the present students by the Alumni
CMS Alumni Association in 2011
In the year 2011, scope of Alumni Association is widened with the establishment of chapters on the model international organizations both within and outside India. The perspective plan is to formalize and install 200 chapters covering the globe. Any city 20 or more Alumnus of CMS may organize a chapter and become a part of Association through its network. The objectives, rules and regulations of the chapters shall be generally the same as the parent organization. The installation of the chapters reaped immense benefits as it enables it’s members to involve themselves with zeal in the activities of the college. Moreover, it facilitates social and career networking activities among the by holding special events and co-hosting activities with other Alumni groups. An official email id email@example.com is created which serves as a forum to involve the Alumni to air their feedbacks, opinions and observation. Presently CMS CSC has established the following chapters with members touching more than 1050.
Name of the Chapters
- The Nilgiris
- New Jersey
List of Alumni Co-Ordinators
Core Committee Members:
Dr.H.Balakrishnan – Principal
Dr.T. Vinod Kumar – Director, School of Biological Sciences
Dr. Sujatha Bai – Head, Department of Languages
Mrs. A.Jaya Padma – Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work.