Biotechnology is the modern branch of life science dealing with apt solutions to human problems. This revolutionary science has profound applications in the present Covid pandemic scenario in form of molecular diagnostic test like RT-PCR. This Department is endowed with all the potential enabling us to reach the heights of DBT STAR COLLEGE STATUS supported by DBT of India. The state of the art laboratories housed at the Department proves this as an exemplary place to pursue studies right from UG to Ph. D supported by active mentoring and journal club activities. Add on certification courses like HACCP and FOSTAC makes it ambient and a judicious career choice.
- State of the Art Biotechnology Laboratory recognised Under STAR College Scheme.
- Highly Competent and NET Qualified Faculty in the Field of Expertise.
- DBT and CSIR-UGC Based Curriculum.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Tribute and Science Day were observed Every Year.
- Value Added Certification Program: Principles of HACCP and its Application in Food Industry (HACCP Level-II).
A career in Biotechnology includes industries engaged in processing developing agricultural and biological products, bio-processing industries, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. There are opportunities in industries producing healthcare products, textile industry and organizations engaged in different types of industrial research and development.
B.Sc., degree with any life Sciences having biological background, Biological Sciences (Biology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Zoology / Botany / Human Genetics / Biomedical Genetics / Biomedical Engineering / B.Tech., in Biotechnology / Microbiology & Applied Microbiology, Plant Biotechnology / Animal Biotechnology / Environmental Biotechnology / Gene Technology/ Genetic Engineering / Environmental Science / Medical Microbiology / Plant Science / Nano Biotechnology / Nutrition & Food Technology / B.Voc., Food Processing Technology / Agriculture / B.Sc., Biological Techniques and Specimen Preparation / Chemistry / Biomedical Science / Plant Biology & Biotechnology / Biochemistry & Biotechnology, MBBS / BDS, B.V.Sc., B.Pharm, with GAT-B Score), Microbiology.
2 YEARS (4 SEMESTERS)
- Core Course I: Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Core Course II: Biological Chemistry
- Core Course III: Microbiology
- Core Course IV: Molecular Genetics
- Core Course V: Practical I- Cellular Biology, Genetics, Biological Chemistry and Microbiology
- Elective I Bioethics, Biosafety, TQM and IPR
- Modular- Module I – Course I – Concepts in Clinical Laboratory Technology and Management
- Modular- Module I – Course II – Methods in Clinical Laboratory Technology (T*)
- Core Course VI: Microbial and Bioprocess technology
- Core Course VII: Animal Biotechnology
- Core Course VIII: Gene technology
- Core Course IX: Research Methodology, Biostatistics and Bio analytical Techniques
- Core Course X: Practical II- Microbial Biotechnology , Bioprocess technology, Gene technology and Computational Biology
- Elective II : Computational Biology
- Modular- Module II- Course I – Physiology of Human System
- Modular- Module II – Course II – Diagnostic Biochemistry
- Core Course XI: Plant Biotechnology
- Core Course XII: Stem cell Biology and tissue engineering
- Core Course XIII: Immunology and Immuno-technology
- Core Course XIV: Genomics and Proteomics
- Core Course XV: Practical III- Plant Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology and Immunology
- Elective III : Nanobiotechnology
- Industrial / Institutional training
- Extra Disciplinary Course
- Modular- Module II – Course III -Diagnostic Microbiology
- Modular- Module III – Course I – Endocrinology and Tumour markers
- Core Course XVI: Environmental Biotechnology
- Core Course XVII: Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Core Course XVIII: Practical IV- Environmental Biotechnology
- Project & Viva voce
- Modular- Module III – Course II – Immunology, Serology and Parasitology
- Modular- Module III– Course III – Molecular Diagnostics
Credits & Evaluation
Student progression and knowledge gaining process were assessed by giving curricular based activities like seminars, assignments and report writing about their industrial visit, educational tour, seminars, symposium, training and workshops attended.
By conducting Internal test-I, Internal test-II and Model exam the student’s progression in their subject with prescribed syllabus was evaluated and proper credits were given to every subject they study.
The final year under graduate and post graduate students research knowledge was assessed by offering the research project work submitted along with a research report containing proper scientific data in prescribed format and also with their publications in well renowned, indexed and high impact factor containing scientific journals.