BA English Literature
To provide adequate and sound knowledge in the field of English language and Literature to UG students in order to prepare them for innovative, creative and successful careers in a global society.
To ascertain in the fields like Teaching, Editing, Content Writing, Creative Writing, Journalism, Mass media, and Human Resource Management etc.
To produce qualified graduates of English Literature, intern the graduates to contribute to the growth, unity and integrity of the society.
Writer, Content Writing, Journalism, Blog Editors & Freelancing, Digital Copywriting, Web Content Manager, Teaching, Soft Skill Trainer, English Language Trainer, Travel and Tourism Sectors
Guidance for IELTS &BEC
Film Society – MAGNIFICIO
Upon completion of the programme the students are expected to have acquired.
- An ability to apply knowledge of language, literature and history.
- An ability to use appropriate knowledge to identify and analyse literary techniques.
- An ability to work effectively as a member in the fields like teaching, Mass media, and BPOs.
- Ability to identify and address their own needs in a changing world and apply lifelong learning to maintain their competence and to allow them to contribute to societal growth.
A Pass in Higher Secondary Examination (Academic or Vocational Stream) conducted by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto by the Syndicate.
3 YEARS (6 SEMESTERS)
- Drama I
- Children’s Literature
- Social History of England
- Drama II
- History of English Literature
- Functional English
- Fiction I
- Indian Literature in English
- Modern Linguistics
- Women Rights
- Fiction II
- Intensive Study of an Author
- Literary Forms
- PC Software
- Literary Criticism
- Phonetics & History of English Language
- American Literature
- Women’s Literature
- Commonwealth Literature
- Multimedia Applications
- Literary Terms
Credits & Evaluation