Biochemistry deals with the molecular basis of life and the knowledge acquired helps to earn a career in clinical diagnosis, manufacture of various biological products including drugs, treatment of diseases, in nutrition, agriculture etc., and opens a range of highly skilled careers that incorporates the aspects of biology and medicine.
Biochemistry is a modern bioscience which plays a vital role in combating emerging diseases like COVID-19 and its diagnosis, drug discovery and development, confronting the effects of global warming, economic production of green biofuels and the development of drought-tolerant crops. The department has mentoring system, counseling and career guidance programs for students. The department has been supported by DBT under STAR college scheme to enhance the research skills. Department also offers job ready certificates and training programmes to augment the employability skills.
- State of the art biochemistry laboratory recognized under STAR college scheme.
- In par with industry, students are trained along with curriculum to make ease with placements in reputed clinical and diagnostic industries.
- Hands on training to improve research skills of students, MoU been signed with research institutes such as IFGTB and UPASI.
- Upgradation of laboratories with advanced instrument facilities such as Auto-Analyser, Rotary Vacuum Evaporator, Enzyme Kinetics Module of Sigma plot and ELISA reader.
- Commemoration of important days like Organ donation day, Alzheimer’s day etc.,
A pass in Under Graduate Examination in any of Life sciences Bachelor’s Degree. (Biochemistry / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biomedical Science / Biomedical Instrumentation Science / Medical Lab Technology / Bioinformatics / Environmental Sciences / Clinical Lab Technology / Biochemistry (Nanotechnology) / Chemistry / Life Sciences / Botany / Zoology / Nutrition and Dietetics).
2 YEARS (4 SEMESTERS)
- Cellular Biochemistry and Neurochemistry
- Advanced Enzymology & Enzyme Technology
- Molecular Genetics
- Cell Biology, Genetics and Enzymology
- Bioethics, Biosafety, TQM and IPR
- Module I – Course I -Concepts in Clinical Laboratory Technology and Management
- Module I – Course II – Methods in Clinical Laboratory Technology
- Metabolism and Metabolic regulation
- Endocrinology and Cell Signaling
- Genetic Engineering
Research Methodology and Bioanalytical Techniques
- Practical II: Bioanalytical Techniques, Molecular, Genetic engineering & Bioinformatics
- Elective II- Bioinformatics
- Module II- Course I – Physiology of Human System
- Module II – Course II – Diagnostic Biochemistry
- Advanced Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Diagnostics
- Drug Biochemistry
- Immunology and immunotechnology
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Practical III: Advanced Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology
- Elective III – Molecular basis of infectious and non- infectious diseases
- Module II – Course III – Clinical Microbiology
- Module III – Course I – Endocrinology and Tumour markers
- Plant Biochemistry and Phytotherapeutics
- Advanced Cancer Biology
- Practical IV: Plant Biochemistry and Phytotherapeutics
- Module III – Course II – Immunology, Serology and Parasitology
- Module III – Course III – Molecular Diagnostics
Credits & Evaluation
Student progression and knowledge gaining process were assessed by giving curricular based activities like seminars, assignments and report writing about their industrial visit, educational tour, seminars, symposium, training and workshops attended.
By conducting Internal test-I, Internal test-II and Model exam the student’s progression in their subject with prescribed syllabus was evaluated and proper credits were given to every subject they study.
The final year under graduate and post graduate students research knowledge was assessed by offering the research project work submitted along with a research report containing proper scientific data in prescribed format and also with their publications in well renowned, indexed and high impact factor containing scientific journals.