Established in the Year – 2000
- Chartered Accountant(CA)
- Chartered FinancialAnalyst(CFA)
- Certified PublicAccountant(CPA)
- Costand ManagementAccountant
- Corporate Secretary
- Human Resource
- IT Professionals
- Well Qualified and Experienced Faculty team with rich experience in Research area.
- Experiential Learning.
- Course Curriculum Designed as per the Industrial Needs.
- Placement in highly creditable and reputed firm sand Institutions.
- Equip the students with Practical Knowledge and Training.
- Inter-andIntra-departmental activities for enhancing the knowledge.
- Pursue Excellence in the Area of Research.
- The students will develop an ability to apply knowledge acquired in problem solving.
- The students will be ready for employment in functional areas like Accounting, Taxation, Banking, Insurance and Mercantile Law through the curriculum.
- Students will exhibit inclination towards pursuing professional courses such as CA/ CS/ ICWA/CFA etc.
- Apply the knowledge of programming skills, and Information Technology specialization to the solution of complex problems
3 YEARS (6 SEMESTERS)
A Passin Higher Secondary Examination
- Language -TamilI/Malayalam1/Hindi1/French1/Arabic I
- English -Communicative English – I
- CORE I: Accountant in Business
- CORE II: Principles of Management
- CORE V– Computer application Practicals I-MS office&internet
- ALLIED I: Mathematics for Business
- Professional English
- Value Education (VE) –Ethics and Culture
- Language – Tamil II/Malayalam1II/HindiII/FrenchII/ArabicII
- English -Communicative English-II
- CORE III : Financial Accounting
- CORE IV– Business Application software
- CORE V– Computer application PracticalsI- MS office&internet
- ALLIED II: Business Statistics
- Professional English
- Environmental Studies (ES)
- Modular-Module 1-Course 1 -Introduction to Business
- COREVI: Corporate and Business Law
- COREVII: Higher Financial Accounting
- COREVIII: Relational database management system
- Allied III : Computer application Practical’s-II- SQL
- Elective I
- Skill Based Course (SBC) – I –Business communication
- Non-Major Elective I (NME) – Basic Tamil / Women’s Rights Advanced Tamil / Basic Hindi/ Basic Malayalam/
- Modular-Module 1-course II- Business as a career
- CORE IX: Management Accounting
- CORE X : Object oriented Programming with C++
- CORE XI: Computer application Practicals-III – Programming with C++
- ALLIED IV : Managerial Economics
- Elective II
- Skill Based Course (SBC) II– Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Non-Major Elective II (NME) – Basic Tamil / Genearal Awareness/Advanced Tamil / Basic Hindi/ Basic Malayalam.
- Modular-Module 2-course I- Trade and Service Activities
- CORE XII: Performance Management
- CORE XIII : Corporate Accounting
- CORE XIV: VB.NET
- CORE XV: Computer application Practicals-IV-VB.NET
- Elective III
- Skill based Course (SBC) – III – Management Information System
- Extra Disciplinary Course (Compulsory)
- Modular-Module 2-courseII – Office Procedures and Practices
- CORE XVI: Taxation
- CORE XVII: Web Designing
- CORE XVIII: Project Viva Voce
- CORE XIX: Computer application Practicals-V-HTML
- Elective IV
- Skill based Course (SBC) – IV – Banking and Insurance Law
- Extension Activities –NCC/NSS/Sports/DEA
- Modular-Module 2-course III -Financing of Business
Credits & Evaluation
The Elective courses are offered to the UG and PG students on Choice Based Credit System(CBCS) pattern.
- UG:Certificate Course in Business Studies
- PG:Advanced Certificate in Business Studies
Intra Disciplinary Course(IDC)
Inter Disciplinary Course-Financial Psychology
Extra Disciplinary Course(EDC):
The department offers EDC to other disciplines:
- PG–Global Business and Finance
Value Added Programme:
- Tally ERP9.
- Advanced Excel
The Department offers a Certificate programme to the students of other disciplines.
- Fundamentals of Accounting
Assessment and Evaluation:
The students are assessed and evaluated based on Assignments, Group Discussions, Seminars, Continuous Internal Assessments, Model Examination, End Semester Examination, Practical and project viva voce examinations.