The CMS Board, management as well as the faculty were unanimous in the need for the institution to develop the consultancy services to the corporate world as well as the other stakeholders in the society, at large.
- As a measure of fostering and promoting consultancy at CMS, it was agreed to tap the present academia-institution framework.
- A committee at the college level, named CMS CONSULTANCY COMMITTEE, may be formed under the Centre for Research and Development.
- The committee will be empowered with identification of thrust areas and finalization of MOUs and other formal arrangements of co-operation between the institution and the business world.
Also, the Board agreed that the fruits of the consultancy activity need to be shared with all the individuals involved in this exercise. Accordingly, it was agreed that faculty members who receive fees for consultancy assignments can use it for completing their assignment and need not share their remuneration with the Institution unless the Institution’s resources are utilized. In case of utilization of Resources the remuneration will be shared by Institution, Management and faculty consultant with the ratio of 20:60:20 respectively.
- Faculty members who wish to pursue M.Phil or Ph.D will be sanctioned On Duty leave for one day per month for meeting their guide.
- Faculty members who have completed M.Phil will be sanctioned one increment and Ph.D will be sanctioned two increments on completion of their Viva voce examinations successfully.